Tutoring 101: How to make tutoring more efficient?
This guide will help you make tutoring more efficient.
Here are a few points addressed in the Tutoring 101 guide:
- How to prepare for the first meeting with your tutor.
- What is the role of the parent with respect to tutoring?
- Frequency, duration, and number of hours of tutoring: is there a magical formula?
- 5 qualities of a good tutor
- Interview with Marichelle, tutor at School Success
About School Success
School Success is a Canadian company dedicated to the academic success of students in elementary school, high school and college.
Since its opening in 2006, nearly 30 000 student have benefited from personalized services in homework help, academic support, remedial classes, summer classes, and exam preparation. The professional tutors guide students toward academic success using innovative learning tools, which include, amongst others, the "School Success Network".
1) All students do not have the same approach to learning. The tutor must adapt to the child.
2) Learning should be fun for the child and not a chore.
3) Effort should be rewarded by success.
4) The child must develop learning methods and gain confidence in their ability to become independant.
5) The work of the tutor is done in synergy with that of the teachers and parents
School Success' mission is to promote academic success.
We therefore offer tutoring services to students in elementary school, high school, and college. Using an innovative and stimulating pedagogical approach, School Success strives toward halting the dropout rate for all of Canada's students.
In order to honour our commitment, respect our values, and achieve our goal of igniting the pleasure of learning and joy of succeeding in all students, we developed a 6-step method:
1) A tutor is chosen based on the needs and personality of the child
2) The tutor helps the child set precise and achievable objectifs in order to ensure that success is within their grasp from the beginning. Baby steps.
3) The tutor and the parents value the achievement of objectives. This is the joy of success.
4) The tutor ensures that school work is completed and the subject matter is understood.
5) With their student, the tutor develops work methods and learning methods.
6) Constant online communication, between the student, their parents, the teachers, and the tutor, ensures proper follow-up.
After a few weeks, the child will proudly share their achievements with you and you will savour the pleasure and joy of their success!
- Schools Success chooses its team members using strict criteria:
- They have all completed university studies in a related field;
- They have all had teaching experience or worked with youth;
- They are all familiar with the new programs and teaching methods used in Canada's schools;
- They are all prepared to play the role of tutor according to the child's needs;
- They all possess a certificate of good conduct from police authorities;
- And above all, they are all motivated to transmit the pleasure of learning and the joy of succeeding to their students.
Meet our team
School Success in 2018
Say hello to our team
We are here to help you!